April 23, 2022
USW 310 Hall 125 NE Broadway Ave, Des Moines, IA
10 AM IFL Executive Council Meeting ( COPE Committee right after)
Registration: 10 AM - 1 PM
Noon Lunch provided
1PM Convention Convenes
Pursuant to Article XII of the Constitution of the Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, you are hereby notified that the C.O.P.E. Pre-Primary Convention will be held at USW Local 310L, 125 Broadway Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa, April 23, 2022. The Convention will convene at 1:00 pm and will continue in session until its business has been completed.
Registration will be Saturday, April 23 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Registration will be at USW Local 310L Hall, 125 Broadway Ave, Des Moines, Iowa. Registration fee is forty dollars ($40.00) per delegate. In addition, ALL DELEGATES are encouraged to buy a $20.00 COPE TICKET at the Convention. COPE TicketsMUST be paid for in cash or by personal check made out to IOWA AFL-CIO COPE
According to Article XII, Section 5, of the Constitution, delegates’ credentials should be forwarded to the Federation not later than twenty-one (21) days prior to the convention (April 2, 2022 - mail byMarch 25). Use the enclosed envelope to return the credentials. Registration fee of $40.00 per delegate must accompany the credentials. As soon as your delegates are elected, mail the white copy only. If alternates are selected, please complete this portion of the credential. Credentials not received within the prescribed time will be accepted only by a majority vote of the delegates seated. If a delegate does not wish to serve on a committee, please indicate that fact. If a delegate wishes to serve on a particular committee, please indicate that also.
BELOW ARE SOME HELPFUL HINTS FOR PROCESSING THE CREDENTIALS
1. Pre-Register. (Before April 23, 2022) Mail credentials by March 25 to meet April 2 deadline.
2. Pre-pay the $40.00 delegate fees for faster processing at the convention. Make the check payable to the Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO.
3. Please type or print names in a legible manner and press hard so the carbon copy is readable.
4. Please fill out all information requested for both the delegate and the alternate including home address, phone number, local union and home email address. It is recommended that all delegates have an alternate designated. Alternates must be from the same international union as the delegate, not necessarily the same local union.
5. Make sure the number of votes for all delegate(s) adds up to the same number of votes each local is allotted. Each delegate must carry at least one (1) vote.
6. The Iowa Federation of Labor Constitution requires two signatures on all credentials. (Example: President, Secretary, and/or Business Manager)
7. Return only the white copy. Retain the yellow copy for the delegate to present at registration.
PLEASE MAIL ON TIME MAIL BY MARCH 25, 2022
For More Informatiion: Please Contact:
Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
2000 Walker Street
Des Moines, IA 5031
515-262-9571 Office 800-372-4817
Email Credentials Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: Jamie Miller