OSHA Investigation - Iowa General Assembly
Along with some citations for other things, Iowa OSHA has told the Iowa General Assembly that: "IOSHA identified condition(s) that may expose workers to COVID-19 hazards. Our concerns observed during this inspection ... identify potential hazards that you should address:"
1) Social distancing between individuals is not always practiced and not enforced
2) Temperature checks and health screens are not being performed on all persons entering the Capitol Building
3) Employees are not required to report COVID-19 positive tests results to leadership
4) No determination of work-relatedness for COVID-19 positive cases reported
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
We're Not Slowing Down: The Labor Movement Must Keep Up The Fight For Voting Rights11 Feb, 2022
It was deeply disappointing that just days after our nation paid homage to the great civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Badass 50: #21 Liz Schuler12 Jan, 2022
"We are building pathways and support structures to grow a bold, inclusive, and transformative movement — I think that's pretty badass," says Shuler, the first woman elected president of the AFL-CIO in the labor federa
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Unions Power America Sweepstakes Launching Aug. 10, With $50,000 Grand Prize -
- Economy Gains 528,000 Jobs in July; Unemployment Down to 3.5% -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: University of Michigan’s Library and Museum Workers Organize Union With AFT -
- Pass the Inflation Reduction Act: What Working People Are Doing This Week -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: UAW Member Shares Passion for Her Union and Her Work -
- One Job Should Be Enough: In the States Roundup -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: HFIU Instructors Prepare to Train Next Generation of Insulators -
- 8 Ways the Inflation Reduction Act Helps Working People -
- Vote for Candidates Who Support Workers’ Rights: The Working People Weekly List -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: UVC Slams Senators for Blocking Veterans’ Health Care Legislation -