Are You Ready to Vote?
This November, organized labor will combat the power of organized money. We’re voting to protect our freedoms—and our voices will be heard. Sign the pledge to vote in November.
OSHA Investigation - Iowa General Assembly
Along with some citations for other things, Iowa OSHA has told the Iowa General Assembly that: "IOSHA identified condition(s) that may expose workers to COVID-19 hazards. Our concerns observed during this inspection ... identify potential hazards that you should address:"
1) Social distancing between individuals is not always practiced and not enforced
2) Temperature checks and health screens are not being performed on all persons entering the Capitol Building
3) Employees are not required to report COVID-19 positive tests results to leadership
4) No determination of work-relatedness for COVID-19 positive cases reported
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
We're Not Slowing Down: The Labor Movement Must Keep Up The Fight For Voting Rights11 Feb, 2022
It was deeply disappointing that just days after our nation paid homage to the great civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Badass 50: #21 Liz Schuler12 Jan, 2022
"We are building pathways and support structures to grow a bold, inclusive, and transformative movement — I think that's pretty badass," says Shuler, the first woman elected president of the AFL-CIO in the labor federa
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Anthony Neira -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Support AFM’s Campaign for American Music Fairness Act -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Trisha Garcia -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: What We Can Do to Help Union Members Recover from Hurricane Fiona -
- Not All Heroes Wear Capes: What Working People Are Doing This Week -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Joseph "Jo-Jo" Martinez -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: SIU Begins Relief Efforts in the Caribbean and Alaska -
- Promoting Apprenticeships: The Working People Weekly List -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Angelo Ornelas -