AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Unions Power America Sweepstakes Launching Aug. 10, With $50,000 Grand Prize -
- Economy Gains 528,000 Jobs in July; Unemployment Down to 3.5% -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: University of Michigan’s Library and Museum Workers Organize Union With AFT -
- Pass the Inflation Reduction Act: What Working People Are Doing This Week -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: UAW Member Shares Passion for Her Union and Her Work -